UPPER SCHOOL (GRADES 9-12)
Wichita Collegiate Upper School is an intellectually vibrant, college preparatory high school for grades nine through twelve. Our commitment is to provide a multi-dimensional education. With every lesson, every assignment, and every class, our goal is to prepare students for more than just the next grade; we strive to prepare them for life in the global world and in the conceptual age.
The Upper School faculty is composed of highly educated and compassionate teachers who work diligently to prepare our students academically. Equally important, our faculty instills work ethic, time management skills and compassion for others. Our students understand the importance of what they are being taught and strive to be their best on a daily basis. The mutual respect between students and faculty fosters a positive environment where learning is enjoyable and school is conducive to personal growth. More information about our Upper School:
- 40 faculty members for 260+ students, plus 2 full-time College Counselors and 1 full-time Guidance Counselor
- Average classroom size is 14 students. More advanced classes often have only 2-5 students.
- 100% of our students utilize school-issued laptops
- 17 Advanced Placement (AP) classes are offered – plus several post-AP classes
- 100% of our students take 2 AP classes (AP US History and AP Literature)
- Most students graduate having taken 4 AP courses, and some take as many as 11