Reopening Campus Safely Guidelines and Resources
This page contains our most up-to-date information on reopening during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This page is the centralized hub for all things related to WCS reopening for the 2020-2021 academic year. Please check back often for the most up to date information on our plans for 2020-2021 academic year. We may adjust these plans to adapt to applicable government mandates as necessary.
Collegiate is committed to delivering our mission through an educational experience deeply rooted in on-campus programming.
In order to safely and effectively reopen campus, Collegiate is assessing information, acting decisively, and developing guidelines and procedures in service of our community.
Principles for Reopening Campus
• Protect the health and safety of students and employees
• Be compliant with government, state and local orders
• Utilize guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
• Following the recommendation of the American Association of Pediatrics to create a safe and practical return to campus1
• Understanding the most recent trends in COVID-19 transmission at schools and childcare centers2
• Establish effective use of spaces and places to support physical distancing
• Provide students with the familiarity of school routines for learning
• Set clear expectations for everyone
1. COVID-19 Planning Considerations: Guidance for School Re-entry. American Academy of Pediatrics.
2. Kamentz, A. (2020, June 24). What Parents Can Learn From Child Care Centers That Stayed Open During Lockdowns. NPR.
First Days of School
Collegiate will hold our first day of school on campus as planned on Wednesday, August 19, 2020.
We anticipate ending the school year as planned on Wednesday, May 26, 2021. While our priority is to be on campus as much as possible, we are also preparing for potential interruptions and may need to adjust the calendar accordingly. As always, we will remain communicative and provide you with more information when and if needed. That information will be sent via email, and updated on this site.
Faculty and staff will receive professional development throughout the summer and safety procedure training the week of August 10, 2020.
All students will be trained in all safety procedures during the first days of school.
For more information about our plans for reopening in 2020-2021, please view our Returning to Campus Safely Guide.