The Upper School Academic Program is designed to prepare students for the demands of college and beyond. Students take a minimum of five academic courses each year. Some students choose to take six academic classes during a school year. Wichita Collegiate School graduates understand the importance of hard work and consistent effort.
The following classes are taken by WCS Upper School students:
- 4 English classes
- 4 math classes
- 4 social science classes
- 3 language classes
- 3 science classes
- Senior Humanities Seminar
This well-rounded liberal arts curriculum ensures our graduates are ready for any number of college majors. Reading, writing, critical thinking, effective communications, creativity, and service are all cornerstones of a WCS education.
Collegiate offers AP level courses and beyond in all curricular areas, including the following:
- AP Calculus 1 & 2, Multivariable Calculus, and Differential Equations
- AP Biology, AP Physics Mechanics and Electricity and Magnetism, AP Chemistry, and Advanced Chemistry Research
- AP Spanish, AP French, and AP Latin
- AP US History, AP Government, and AP Psychology
- AP Computer, AP Music Theory, and AP English Literature